Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: VISTA death watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    VISTA death watch

    is windows vista going the way of windows ME?

    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2209837,00.asp
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VISTA death watch

    I have Vista, and Im not a fan of it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VISTA death watch

    We have it at work and there are some things I love and some things I don't. Either way it hasn't been that big of a crossover between XP and Vista for me.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VISTA death watch

    Windows Vista is a joke.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VISTA death watch

    Microsoft, as a whole, sucks.

    Im with UTVols2 with the crossover to Vista. I dont have many problems with Vista other than the amount of memory it sucks up.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: VISTA death watch

    What pisses me off with Vista is the gaming performance. They were touting Direct X 10 as the next big thing for PC gaming, but in reality it has done little-to-nothing yet and in most cases even results in lower frame rates. What's even more ridiculous is that most games run better in Windows XP than they do in Vista.

    I'm assuming it's because Vista requires more power overall to run, but that still doesn't change the fact that Direct X 10, "Live" (like XBOX Live), and the other advertised features have done diddly-squat to make PC gaming any better. thumbs down

    I can't wait until Microsoft actually gets things right for once without ripping off other companies. I also think it's cute how they're basically all over Google's ass right now, copying nearly every move they make. Not that I like Google much better, though, since they bought out and have helped considerably lower the quality of YouTube.
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •